Office Temptations – the most dangerous time of the year
by Rhonda Dumas
CF-L1 trainer, CrossFit Algiers Coach
The holidays are upon us, and It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and the most dangerous time of the year for your nutrition. When those cookies and cakes start showing up, it can be tough to stick to your fitness plans. Here are my top tips for staying strong, and for more info, come to our special “Healthy Holiday Treats” cooking demo with Coaches Missy and Monique on Saturday Nov. 3 at 9 a.m!
- BE PREPARED! – Have your own stash of healthy snacks prepared. You’ve meal prepped, now eat what you’ve fixed.
- Make sure you’re eating enough protein, which will fill you up.
- Distract yourself – Walk away. Finish working on that important
project. Read a book, listen to music. Chewing gum could even be a distractor.
- Drink Water – People often confuse hunger with thirst. Drink a large cup of water, wait and then determine if you still want the food. Most of you will find that you weren’t hungry after all.
- Remember the rewards and the consequences – Envision the nice,
slim, trim you. You already know what the alternative looks like!
Happy Holiday Health!
2018 10 31