The CrossFit Open is Upon Us – Why YOU Should Do It
The Open is the first stage of the CrossFit Games season and the largest community event of the year. Every year, hundreds of thousands of athletes come together to compete in the worldwide, online competition. At CrossFit Algiers, we’ll be doing the Open workouts every Friday, in every class! We’ll also offer “make up” times on Saturday or Sunday afternoons. It’s $20 to register for the Open, and the registration cost goes to CrossFit Headquarters. So why should YOU be a part of this?
1. Community! – Not only will you be part of the hundreds of thousands of CrossFitters around the world who are participating, at CrossFit Algiers, we’re running our own Intramural Open in conjunction. Every Friday, you’re going to fight alongside your buddies to see who is the fittest, but more importantly, you’re going to cheer and be cheered to be your best!
2. Performance – We see it every year in the Open. You will achieve something you never thought possible. The intensified demands will pull performances out of you that you didn’t know you had. Maybe you’ll get your first pull up, or double under, or even a muscle up. You’re going to surprise yourself at some point, and that’s reason to celebrate.
3. Tracking – Registering for the Open gets you on the CrossFit Games Leaderboard. You’ll track all your performances, and you’ll be able to see how you compare to people of your age and skill set around the world. It’s really encouraging to see where you are, and even better when you can look at the performances NEXT year and see how you’ve improved. There’s always at least one “repeat workout,” so you’ll have PROOF of your fitness.
4. Motivation – Every athlete in the gym will be on one of our intramural teams. Your team members are counting on you, and they are going to make sure you come to the gym and do your best. And you’re going to do the same for them.
5. Scaled and Age Category Options – Did you know that you can register as an RX or Scaled athlete? The workouts and scoring are also modified depending on your age. No matter where you’re at in your fitness journey, there is a place for you in the Open.
There’s no better way to conquer your fears than to smash them head-on. Even if you’re feeling apprehensive, go ahead and get registered. We’ll be with you each step of the way.
2017 02 05